How To Fit BioClad Antimicrobial Wall Cladding
It is vital to prepare the walls and antimicrobial wall cladding panels before beginning any hygienic wall cladding project to achieve a tight, sealed finish. Because of the 2.5mm thickness of BioClad sheets, they should be put on level, plumb walls that are smooth, clean, and dry, with squared corners.
Before installation, our panels are wrapped in protective film to preserve them throughout shipping and until the setup is completed. To provide optimum protection throughout the installation process, this film should not be removed until all other aspects of the installation have been completed.
Accurate measuring is the foundation of any hygienic wall cladding installation. The antimicrobial panels’ measurements should precisely match the wall ones. Cuts can be made to accommodate utilities like pipes, light switches, electrical outlets, and other wall-mounted equipment. Fitting around doors, windows and angles should be considered as well.
Firstly, you will need polyurethane to apply to each panel, guaranteeing equal thickness and coverage across the panel apart from a reasonable gap around the edges for easier handling.
For the best results use a notched trowel with a double edge – one smooth and one for texture – to apply the adhesive. This will aid in spreading the adhesive behind the panel as it is pressed against the wall. Our panels are light, but their weight increases if a complete layer of adhesive is applied.
While there are numerous methods for installing a hygienic wall cladding panel such as:
- Heat welding - unquestionably the most preferred method for sanitary areas since it allows for a continuous surface with no ligature points, which is especially advantageous for healthcare and prison institutions.
- Thermoforming – the panels may be bent over a heat strip to the perfect angle of a corner using thermoforming, the panels are heated before being moulded into the desired angles.
- Fitting a two-part ‘H’ trim - a two-part 'H' trim consists of a PVC rear connecting strip that attaches to the wall between two BioClad panels and a PVC cover trim that clicks into the back connecting strip once the panels are fitted. This conceals the joint and gives it a smooth aesthetic aspect. The connecting strip at the back should be glued.
BioClad weld is delivered in rolls and is applied using a heat welding gun between two installed panels. The weld is applied from top to bottom of the mounted panels by passing it through the nozzle of the pre-heated gun. To offer optimal sanitary protection, BioClad's weld rod is additionally treated with an antibacterial ingredient.
Items you will need
- Foil Adhesives For BioClad Cladding - 600ml£9.09 £10.91
- Antimicrobial PVC Hygiene Cladding Sheet - 2440mm x 1220mm x 2.5mm White£89.33 £107.20
- BioClad PVC Hygiene Cladding One Part Division Bar - 3mtr White£7.15 £8.58
- BioClad PVC Hygiene Cladding One Part Edge Trim - 3mtr White£7.15 £8.58
- BioClad PVC Hygiene Cladding Two Part Edge Trim - 3mtr White£6.87 £8.24
- BioClad PVC Hygiene Cladding Two Part Vinyl Floor Trim - 3mtr White£11.44 £13.73
- BioClad PVC Hygiene Cladding External Angle 25mm x 25mm - 3mtr White£13.05 £15.66
- BioClad PVC Hygiene Cladding External F Trim - 3mtr White£8.50 £10.20
- BioClad PVC Hygiene Cladding Internal Angle 25mm x 25mm - 3mtr White£9.34 £11.21
- BioClad PVC Hygiene Cladding Internal F Trim - 3mtr White£8.50 £10.20
- BioClad PVC Hygiene Cladding Two Part Division Bar - 3mtr White£6.87 £8.24
- Two Part Adhesive For BioClad Cladding - 6.5kg£29.17 £35.00
- BioClad PVC Hygiene Cladding Welding Rod - 80mtr White£41.26 £49.51