Leach Drains For Treated Waste
An additional soakaway crate application is as a septic leach drain system. Modules can be easily handled and in order to position them in excavated trenches, forming continuous channels in order to create a drainage field.
Utilising Leach Drains
After the 2020 legislation surrounding septic tank regulations. Prior to the legislation, there were two ways to discharge separated wastewater from within the septic tank.
- To a soakaway system or drainage field – where infiltration will be used. The effluent will percolate through the soil and is broken down by natural bacteria
- To a watercourse – the wastewater would flow through a sealed pipe straight into a local watercourse such as stream or river.
The new legislation which came into play in 2020 no longer allows septic tank discharge to a watercourse.
There are now two things that you can do in order to ensure that you comply with the new regulations.
- Swap your septic tank and install a sewage treatment plant – the sewage treatment plant will produce water that is clean enough to discharge straight into the watercourse.
- Install a drainage field – to disperse your septic tank water safely into the ground through infiltration.
Please note, in order to use a soakaway system as a drainage field you may need to submit an application for an environmental permit.
- Rainsmart Ellipse Soakaway Crate Flat-Packed£48.95 £58.74
- Rainsmart Ellipse Soakaway Crate Assembled£52.25 £62.70
- Rainsmart Ellipse Soakaway Crate Flat-Packed - Shallow£27.50 £33.00
- Rainsmart Ellipse Soakaway Crate Assembled - Shallow£29.00 £34.80
- Rainsmart Ellipse Triple Soakaway Crate Flat-Packed£75.90 £91.08
- Rainsmart Ellipse Soakaway Set Flat-Packed 1 Cubic Metre£187.00 £224.40
- Rainsmart Ellipse Soakaway Set Assembled 1 Cubic Metre£209.00 £250.80
- Rainsmart Shallow Soakaway Set Flat-Packed 1 Cubic Metre - Option 1£203.50 £244.20
- Rainsmart Soakaway Set Shallow Flat-Packed 1 Cubic Metre - Option 2£203.50 £244.20
- Rainsmart Ellipse Shallow Soakaway Set Assembled 1 Cubic Metre£225.50 £270.60
- Geotextile Membrane Non Woven - 4.5mtr Wide Per Metre£5.89 £7.07
- Geotextile Membrane Non Woven - 4.5mtr x 100mtr Roll£181.90 £218.28