Permeable Paving For Streetscaping
Permeable paving allows you to create a permeable surface that allows water to infiltrate, reducing stormwater runoff from streets. These paving cells are used frequently under certain surfaces, such as pedestrian walkways, on street parking areas, and other parking bays to ensure the urban environment is safe for both pedestrians and vehicles alike.
Features & Benefits of Permeable Paving in Streetscaping
- Allows for optimal plants growth due to root protection capabilities
- Easy to install – each pave can be clipped together to the next
- Environmentally friendly
- Reduces erosion and soil migration
How Long Does Permeable Paving Last? - Nero permeable paving is unaffected by moulds and algae, many soil-borne chemicals, bacteria and bitumen. It is also unaffected by oils and light acids and alkaline solutions. This means that permeable paving is incredibly robust and can be expected to last a long time without maintenance or falling into disrepair.
How Do You Maintain Permeable Paving? - If you don't maintain your permeable paving, it can become clogged and flood. It's a good idea to remove debris monthly, but you should do the following seasonally to keep your permeable paving draining at an acceptable rate:
- Sweep the paving to remove sediment and avoid clogs
- Remove snow to prevent damage
- Inspect the structural integrity
How Do You Stop Weeds Growing Between Permeable Paving Cells? - Preventing weeds growing through permeable paving can be managed similarly to the way it can be managed with normal paving. Weeds are unsightly and can be potentially harmful to pedestrians or their pets walking streetside, so it is recommended they are dealt with as soon as possible.
- Rainsmart Nero Pave - 50mm Permeable Paving£5.20 £6.24
- Rainsmart Nero Pave - 50mm - Pack of 8£37.60 £45.12
- Ground Guard Tile - 390mm x 390mm x 40mm£3.34 £4.01
- Ground Guard Tile - 390mm x 390mm x 40mm - 3 Boxes of 20£175.06 £210.07
- Rainsmart Nero Pave 24 SQM - Pack of 80£357.20 £428.64
- Rainsmart Nero Pave 50 SQM - Pack of 168£730.38 £876.46
- Rainsmart Nero Pave 200 SQM - Pack of 672£2,998.87 £3,598.64