Standard Soakaway Crates For Infiltration
Rainsmart’s standard soakaway crates, also know as ellipse crates, are used in an infiltration application as an underground void for storing stormwater until it is slowly dispersed into the surrounding soil. Standard soakaway crates have a 24.2 tonne vertical load capacity and are therefore suitable for use in domestic settings such as beneath gardens and pedestrian areas with foot traffic. No clips are required to join individual crates together, we instead provide cable ties to hold the crates in place before the side fill is added to the underground drainage system, as this is what ultimately holds the crates together.
Ellipse crates also feature a lateral crush load of 18 tonnes per square metre, which is the highest crush load of any type of soakaway crate available in the UK, making them a safe and reliable option for underground stormwater storage. These crates are connected to a pre-filter or property with 110mm drainage pipes and we offer a unique entry plate as part of our soakaway crates range that negates the need to cut out a hole or butt up a pipe to your crate and allows for a storm water fed pipe to be accurately connected to an infiltration system.
Standard soakaway crates are becoming ever more popular with homeowners as they are a far more environmentally friendly method of stormwater management and storage compared to the traditional technique of dumping rubble in a hole in the ground to create a soakaway pit.
What is infiltration drainage?
An infiltration drainage application is used for holding stormwater underground and allowing it to disperse, or infiltrate into the surrounding soil at a controlled rate with the highest quality of water possible. Stormwater usually enters the system from the guttering of a property, once it flows through the downpipe and into the underground drainage pipes, it can enter an infiltration system.
An infiltration system will most often start with a pre-filter that removes any silt or fine sediment in the water, before allowing it to flow into the main part of the system, that being a soakaway crate wrapped in a membrane. The crate is where the water is temporarily stored and the membrane surrounding it ensures not only that the surrounding soil does not make its way into the system but also that the stormwater leaves the system at a controlled rate.
- Rain Bloc 60 Tonne Soakaway and Attenuation Set With Silt Trap & Lid 1 Cubic Metre£415.00 £498.00
- Rain Bloc 60 Tonne Soakaway and Attenuation Set 1 Cubic Metre£170.00 £204.00
- Rain Bloc 60 Tonne Soakaway and Attenuation Crate - 0.3 Cubic Metres£57.00 £68.40
- Rainsmart Ellipse Soakaway Set Flat-Packed 1 Cubic Metre£187.00 £224.40
- Rainsmart Ellipse Soakaway Set Assembled 1 Cubic Metre£209.00 £250.80
- Rainsmart Ellipse Soakaway Set Flat-Packed With Silt Trap & Lid 1 Cubic Metre£456.50 £547.80
- Rainsmart Ellipse Soakaway Set Assembled With Silt Trap & Lid 1 Cubic Metre£489.50 £587.40
- Rainsmart Shallow Soakaway Set Flat-Packed 1 Cubic Metre - Option 1£203.50 £244.20
- Rainsmart Soakaway Set Shallow Flat-Packed 1 Cubic Metre - Option 2£203.50 £244.20
- Rainsmart Ellipse Shallow Soakaway Set Assembled 1 Cubic Metre£225.50 £270.60
- Rainsmart Ellipse Soakaway Crate Flat-Packed£48.95 £58.74
- Rainsmart Ellipse Soakaway Crate Assembled£52.25 £62.70
- Rainsmart Ellipse Triple Soakaway Crate Flat-Packed£75.90 £91.08
- Rainsmart Ellipse Triple Soakaway Set Flat-Packed 1 Cubic Metre£218.90 £262.68
- Rainsmart Ellipse Soakaway Crate Flat-Packed - Shallow£27.50 £33.00
- Rainsmart Ellipse Soakaway Crate Assembled - Shallow£29.00 £34.80
- Rainsmart Ellipse Inspection Channel Crate Flat-Packed - Double£48.95 £58.74
- Rainsmart Ellipse Inspection Channel Crate Assembled - Double£52.25 £62.70