Manhole Cover Loadings
All manhole covers, regardless of the manufacturer, are measured by the clear opening size. For example, if you have measured your broken cover as being 26" x 20”, you will need a 600mm x 450mm manhole cover (24” x 18”). Unless your broken cover is relatively new it is very unlikely that a new cover will fit your old frame – you will be much better advised to break out the old frame and fit the new frame that comes with our cover. It will be much stronger and safer and will last much longer. The only additional items you are likely to need for this job are a spirit level and a small bag of sand and cement.
Please note, we only supply manhole covers in the sizes listed - we are unable to supply made to measure sizes.
Manhole Covers Loadings
- A cover that is rated 2.5 tonne is for pedestrian use only.
- A 5 tonne cover will support a slow moving wheel load of 1.25 tonnes, and is especially recommended for domestic driveway applications.
- A 10 tonne cover will support a slow moving wheel load of 2.5 tonnes, and is recommended for restricted access and service areas.
- A 17 tonne cover will support a slow moving wheel load of 4.25 tonnes, and will take a small rigid commercial vehicle.
- Covers with up to 38 tonne loadings are available as a special order. Please contact us for further details.
Items you will need
- Manhole Cover Recessed - 3.5 Tonne x 300mm x 300mm x 80mm for 300mm Circular Chambers£41.43 £49.72
- Cast Iron Manhole Cover Round - 1.5 Tonne x 450mm Diameter£21.15 £25.38
- Polypropylene Manhole Cover and Frame Square - 380mm£20.31 £24.37
- Polypropylene Manhole Cover and Frame Square - 580mm£44.92 £53.90
- Cast Iron Manhole Cover - 1.5 Tonne x 600mm x 450mm
DISCONTINUED - NO LONGER AVAILABLE£71.15 £85.38
- Steel Manhole Cover - 10 Tonne x 600mm x 450mm£35.57 £42.68
- Manhole Cover Recessed - 5 Tonne x 600mm x 450mm x 46mm£56.14 £67.37