Channel Drainage Installation - Key Points
- Channel Drain should be laid in a trench that allows for a bed of 50mm of compacted sand, and a sidefill of 100mm of concrete on each side.
- Each length should be laid to a fall of 1:200 (5mm per 1m length).
- The installation should start at the lowest point, where the channel drainage should be connected to a 110mm Drainage Pipe using either an End Outlet or the integral bottom outlet. The outflow should be connected to the surface water drainage system or a suitable soakaway.
- Working away from the outlet, additional lengths are added using the integral interlocking joiners. All joints and end caps should be sealed using silicon sealant.
- The final length (at the highest point of the installation) can be cut to length if required using a hacksaw. An End Cap