Use Of Inspection Chambers
Inspection Chambers are a crucial part of any drainage system as they allow for testing, inspection and cleaning of the system. The key point to remember is that every point on any drainage system should be accessible from an inspection chamber or a rodding eye. A chamber should be used whenever there is a change of direction of more than 30 degrees and whenever two pipes come together in a junction of more than 45 degrees. No point on the system should be further than 22m away from an inspection chamber, even on a straight run of pipe.
Our mini access chambers can be used to an invert depth of 600mm (the distance from ground level to the inside of the bottom of the pipe).
Our 450mm chamber can be used to an invert depth of 1200mm when used with a standard 450mm cover, or 3m when used with a restricted access cover.
Side risers are used to increase the height of the inspection chamber. These risers can be can be cut down at indicated points to give a more accurate height. Covers and frames should be adjusted to the finished ground level and placed set of a bed of concrete of at least 50mm in depth.
Side branches of inspection chambers should not be used to change direction of the main flow, as a self cleansing flow through the chamber cannot be guaranteed. Should a change of direction be required, single socket bends should be sited at the point of entry to the chamber.
Inspection Chambers should be installed on a suitable bed dependent upon the quality of the trench and the backfill materials.
Items you will need
- Inspection Chamber Complete Set With Polypropylene Cover - 450mm Diameter For 110mm Drainage£75.78 £90.94
- Inspection Chamber Complete Set With Polypropylene Cover - 450mm Diameter For 160mm Drainage£115.76 £138.91
- Inspection Chamber Complete Set - 300mm Diameter£59.84 £71.81
- Inspection Chamber Complete Set With Square Cover - 450mm Diameter£139.95 £167.94
- Inspection Chamber Complete Set With 80mm Deep Block Paviour/ Paving Slab Cover - 450mm Diameter£125.23 £150.28
- Inspection Chamber Complete Set With 46mm Deep Block Paviour Cover - 450mm Diameter£134.85 £161.82
- Inspection Chamber Base - 450mm Diameter£54.63 £65.56
- Inspection Chamber Riser - 235mm Height x 450mm Diameter£36.83 £44.20